Friday, May 29, 2009

I'm done with prenatal appointments!!!

This morning marked the last of many, many prenatal appointments for me in the last two years. Unfortunately the morning also marked the highest number that I have ever seen pop up on a scale in my entire life. My response to the scary number? "Screw it, I'm only pregnant for 3 more days, I'm going to eat another cookie." :)

I followed up the last appointment by taking a solo trip to Target. Where I was, as usual, asked at the end of every aisle "can I help you find anything?" by an overly helpful Target employee. I tried to dodge them, but I don't move very quickly these days and they're pretty determined. Now we're all stocked up on diapers and cleaning supplies and all the miscellaneous things that I dont want to run out of in the next few weeks.

In other news, I'm running low on unimportant things to obsess about, so might have to actually start thinking about this whole c-section thing. Although my big giveaway prize is still missing and I still haven't heard from the person running the giveaway, even after I tried to contact her in 3 different ways. So I'm a little sad/obsessed about that. But the insurance things that I was worried about and the green card thing are more or less under control, so I can't worry about those anymore.

Today is Ethan's last day of daycare, so I have to go gather him and his belongings in 3 hours, and try not to cry. His daycare has been such a huge blessing to our family over the last year and a half. His teachers truly love him and are patient with him and have taught him so many wonderful things. He has loved seeing his little friends every day and playing games and singing songs. I know that the time is right for me to be home with him and New Baby, and that he will have many wonderful teachers and friends in the future, but it's still going to be a tough goodbye. Especially with the pregnancy hormones running amuck.


1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Just wanted to wish you a happy weekend and easy as possible surgery/recovery and whatnot, in case you don't happen to post again before then. Best of luck!