Friday, May 8, 2009

Friday!

I had my usual weekly OB appointment and my Friday NST this morning. I think I scared the NST nurse when she called my name because I practically bounced out of my chair and across the room to meet her.  I'm always high energy, but this morning I'd had two cups of coffee, pancakes with syrup and fruit juice, all in an attempt to wake up New Baby and get her to behave on the NST. AND IT DID NOT WORK!! This kid is going to be born and is going to go through terrible sugar withdrawal, apparently!  After being buzzed she woke up and started moving around, so I was freed fairly quickly.  Then I got to meet with my regular OB, finally, who promised to not go out of town again until after my c-section.

Then I was a very bad girl and went to Target and wandered around for a while. It was so nice to be out and in the real world again. My shopping trip was shorter than usual, since I am fairly huge and not used to being up and on my feet any more.  It was actually nice to get back to my couch for a while. I made another Trader Joes/library/grocery store run before picking up Ethan, then tonight we went to pick up Daniel and out for Korean food. So it was a very busy day, especially for someone who has barely left the house in a month! Tomorrow I plan to lie on the couch all day and rest a lot to make up for it. 

Okay- I discovered something really funny about the name that we have picked for New Baby. I was looking up the origins of the name and came across a saint with that name. And the saint with the same name as we plan to give New Baby is the patron saint of a long list of things/situations that are less than good. I tried to read the list aloud to Daniel and could hardly make it through it because I was laughing so hard.  Remind me to post the list after she's born and the name is revealed.  You will be amused too, I promise. 

5 comments:

mona said...

About patron saint names, my husband's middle name, as well as the middle name of his brothers and sisters is Gerard (and Gerarda for the girls) because he's the patron saint of mothers. I can't wait to find out what your little girl's name is.

Mommyto3andahusky said...

I am glad you are getting up and getting to go to Target! :) It's like therapy for us preggo folks who aren't supposed to be out roaming. Ha!

Karen said...

If it's the name I think you're referring to, it also has a lovely Biblical meaning. Can't wait to see if I'm right! :)

AZMom said...

Cannot wait to find out what you named your little peanut!

Bundle 2 Baby said...

Ugh! I love my Target! Can't go longer than a few days without a visit. Good for you for getting a little Target therapy! :) Can't wait to hear the new baby's name.