Thursday, May 28, 2009

At this point, I'm pretty much just a walking advertisement for why you should use birth control

Seriously, I should go hang out in front of high schools with my overly energetic/randomly whiny/temper tantrum throwing toddler and my huge abdomen. Trust me, there would be no babies born 9 months after the teenagers saw that sight.

As much as I'm not looking forward to going through surgery on Monday and all the post-childbirth and getting used to a newborn stuff, I am SO grateful that there is an end in sight. Because I've reached the point where I'm pretty much just miserable, all the time. Afternoons and evenings are the worst, but usually I wake up feeling pretty good. I did not wake up feeling good this morning, and I have a feeling that it's not going to happen again for a while. BUT... only 4 days and 3 hours left until the surgery is scheduled (I am not counting on it happening then, I know we'll probably be delayed by at least an hour or so, because that's how things work in hospitals).

Today was bible study, which was great, as always. Later we're going to the park to meet up with friends, so Ethan can run around and play happily in the sunshine. He's definitely been making up for his illness last week, and has more energy than I've ever seen in one small person. Someone asked me today if he is always smiling- I laughed and said that he is either smiling or throwing a temper tantrum. Just like his mommy- either at the top of the heights or the depths of despair. Seriously, this kid inherited so many of my personality characteristics, it's just not funny. One of these days I'm going to find something that he got from his daddy- there has to be some speck of Daniel's personality in there somewhere! Or maybe New Baby will be more like Daniel (I hope, I hope). It's going to be interesting to see!

Four days. I'm going to have a daughter to hold in four days. Wow.

1 comment:

Mommyto3andahusky said...

You are totally kicking butt on the blog contest!

I know! I am so excited for you for Monday! I will be shortly after you on Tuesday morning with my little girl.

Today I think I scared a little boy at the park. He asked me very seriously "how many babies were in my tummy?" Nice. Just one little boy, just one! haha