Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Tuesday

I keep getting weird looks from the doctor's office when I go in for my NSTs. Because I dress fairly nicely (slacks, makeup, nice shoes) for my appointments, and then they look at my records and see that I'm on bed rest and look at me suspiciously.  I am not going to stop getting dressed up though.  When one spend 95% of one's time in the house wearing the only comfortable clothes one owns, one has to do what one can to stay a little sane. And for me that involves putting on makeup to go be strapped to a fetal monitor. 

New Baby tried to fail her NST again today, but the nurse finally got her buzzed and moving.  So that was good.  Then I was asking the nurse about scheduling my c-section, and she said that I couldn't, even though my doctor (who is still on vacation) assured me weeks ago that I would be able to by this point. As it turns out, my doctor still hasn't even put the orders in for that.  I mentioned that I would not be seeing my doctor this week, but would be seeing the physician assistant.  And the nurse thought this was a bad idea, given my high risk status, so she rearranged some stuff so that I will be seeing an OB on Friday.  Thankfully it's the OB who let me out of the hospital on Friday, so I'm okay with that.  The nurse also said that I really should be seeing the same person consistently, given my issues, which I agree with wholeheartedly, but there's not much I can do if my doctor goes on vacation.  

In other news, daycare did some schedule rearranging as well and made a spot for Ethan for two days/week for the month of May. Daniel and I both feel good about that solution, as it's less money than the three days a week, but still will be a help in terms of me resting and him not having to try to work from home while watching Ethan when I'm at all my appointments.  

So now it's back to resting. And trying to send telepathic messages to someone at my OB's office to let me schedule the c-section already.  Again, my type A personality coming out! Need plans!!! Need things on my calendar!!! 

1 comment:

Mommyto3andahusky said...

well I think you should dress up for your appointments! :) I do! I wear yoga pants and t-shirts all the other days so I figure I want to feel nice at my appointments! :) Go for it girl! :)