Wednesday, April 29, 2009

This gave me a good laugh today

So, as I've mentioned (I think), my doctor is still out of town this week, so on Friday I'm going to be seeing the doctor that discharged me from the hospital last week. He seemed like a nice guy, but I was curious to find out more info (and goodness knows, I have spare time on my hands!) so I googled him today. And found this, which made me laugh out loud.

XXX and YYY studied modern dance at the University of Utah where YYY obtained a Masters Degree in dance. They had their own dance company and performed in the USA, Europe and India. After 12 years, they decided that they needed a profession and YYY entered medical college and graduated with honors. He is now with a hospital in Seattle, Washington where he does most of the surgery in an ob/gyn clinic. 

I mean, how random is that? "I think I need a real job, hey, I know, I'll go to medical school and become an obstetrician!"  One of the girls on the WW board suggested I ask him to explain the birth process to me in interpretive dance. 

I have no idea how I'm going to get through my appointment on Friday with a straight face. 

4 comments:

Lizzie said...

HILARIOUS!!!! Maybe that's what I'll do someday when I decide I need more of a career. :D

Mommyto3andahusky said...

THAT is hilarious!!! :))

mary said...

that is funny. I had no interesting, secret life prior to becoming a physician. I've been thinking about you btw, hope things are going ok !

And LOL on bedrest, the only thing I had to get dressed up for was my OB/NST appts, so I always had makeup and my hair straightened.

Erin said...

I totally second the interpretive dance suggestion. Bring a video camera! :) Cracked me up.