Monday, April 13, 2009

Monday night

Crap, still Monday. I about wrote Tuesday night, because today feels like a Tuesday, for some reason. But it's not. Which is kind of good, because it means I don't have to work tomorrow, but kind of bad, because it also means that it is STILL Monday. 

I was grouchy today. And OUT OF CHOCOLATE.  Those two things are extremely bad to combine. But I made it through the day and only had one more little "discussion" with Daniel. This time about bed rest and how he seems to be taking it rather casually.  He pointed out that he knows that bed rest makes me miserable and he just wants to give me chances to escape, which is true, but I pointed out that I should not be escaping from bed rest, and that there's a reason that the doctor told me to do it.  And that I wont behave well if it's left entirely up to me. 

Okay, so people keep saying things like "oh, it's only 7 more weeks and then you wont have to be on bed rest anymore". Which is true, and New Baby will be here then and it'll all be great and worth it, but it's not like the light at the end of the tunnel is all bright and shiny. The light at the end of the pregnancy and bed rest and no trips to Target is having a newborn and nursing all the time, and trying to figure out her nap schedule and Ethan's nap schedule, and recovering from a c-section. So I'm not really looking at 7 more weeks of being stuck in the house, I'm looking at more like 11 or 12 weeks before I'll have the great freedom of venturing out into the world with TWO small kids.  I just wasn't quite ready to be done with the outside world yet, I thought I was going to have a bit more time to go places and do stuff with Ethan and Daniel before things got shaken up again around here for a bit.

No resolution on last night's "discussion". I have no clue what we're going to do.  

Seriously, why is there no chocolate.  This situation must be remedied soon. 

2 comments:

The Tacheny's said...

Send Ethan to get chocolate at that 7-11 and then reassess the situation. It will look totally different in the light of chocolate. heheheh of course I am just kidding about sending Ethan out alone, but it was the only scenario I could come up with to get you some chocolate ASAP...and this seems like just such an emergency!

Anonymous said...

In our house, the inlaws always stay at a nearby affordable hotel. When the grandkids go to bed, they go to the hotel. When baby #2 was born, they were not here, but daddy did night duty and left mommy and baby alone in the hospital.

Also, I found it easier to get out of the house with both the kids earlier on when baby would just sleep wherever, whenever, now it's much harder.