Thursday, April 23, 2009

Thursday night

It’s been quite a day here! I dashed home from my appointments, packed my bag while Daniel got Ethan’s stuff together, then back to the hospital. Ethan was overdue for a nap and fell asleep in the car, so we decided it was best for Daniel to drop me off and take Ethan to our friends’ house. After wandering around a little bit, I found my room and got settled. They monitored New Baby for a couple of hours while I just hung out. Baby looked good on the monitor, so that was good news.

On a very random note, the dad of the friend who was watching Ethan today is here in the same hospital today, having a minor surgery. So her mom had some free time this afternoon while she waited for him to get through surgery, so she dropped by to visit! It was nice to have some company for a while and good to catch up with her.

Daniel got back mid-afternoon, and a couple of hours later, the nurse finally got pharmacy to deliver my first steroid shot, so we got going with that. On her visit, she mentioned internet, and I immediately sent Daniel home for one of our laptops. Now I’m back online!

So here’s what’s going on with the baby: The doctor came by today and said that I would have the shots today and tomorrow, with an amnio to check her lung maturity on Saturday. If her lungs are mature, then she’ll be delivered then. If not, then we’ll wait a bit longer. However, when the nurse came in, she said that the doctor had decided to wait and do the amnio on Monday, so I’m not sure what’s going on in terms of what tests will be done when and when we’ll have news. I think I'm going to be here for a while, regardless of the outcome, either to have the baby or to just be on strict bed rest.

Daniel’s gone home with Ethan now and I’m just hanging out here, catching up on the internet world. Thank you all so much for your messages and prayers, they help more than you know. I’ll keep you informed as I know more.

*** edited to add- in all the insanity about her size, I forgot to mention that they did a t/v ultrasound today to check my cervix, sin9ce New Baby likes to hang out too low to see it on the abdominal u/s. And my newest problem is a dynamic cervix. Sounds so fancy, doesn't it? Apparently it means that my cervix is opening and closing-even my internal organs have to be in constant motion :) It's not a big deal because I'm likely delivering soon, but it would have probably meant pre-termlabor as well. This kid is SO determined to be born early! She's anxious to see her closet of cute clothes!

6 comments:

Karen said...

thanks for the update, Carrie. You're in my thoughts and prayers!

Lindsay said...

It sounds like you are in good hands, and are handling things well. Shall keep your growing fam in my prayers. Here is my question: Do you have unlimited internet at the hospital? I sure do hope so.

Mommyto3andahusky said...

It sounds like they have it under control there. I will be thinking and praying for you. Do you have yahoo messenger? If you do my name on there is froggylegs1030. Take care and hang in there! Erin

Jen said...

Praying for you and New Baby!! Keep us updated please.

Lindzi said...

Prayers for you and New Baby! Hang in there.

Kathy said...

Good luck to you. I am 31 1/2 wks with #4 and have been following your pregnancy and hope everything goes well for you. Keep updating on how things are going.