Wednesday, April 1, 2009

In which I escape for an evening out with the girls

Okay, so yesterday was like a totally gold star day all around. The sun was shining, Ethan napped for 2.5 hours and was in a great mood the rest of the time, there were no temper tantrums thrown by either of us, and Daniel made it home with the car 15 minutes EARLIER than I had requested. It was like a day in a parallel universe. And then, when I came out of the bathroom from getting ready to go out, this was the sight that I saw. Seriously, Husband of the Year or what? And you wonder why I've gotten pregnant twice in two years...





















Okay, so then I left and sat in ridiculous Seattle traffic, but finally made it to Maggie's place only a little late. Where I promptly got lost trying to figure out which house was hers. But then, I saw her husband (who I recognized from her blog) walking down the street from the bus stop. And so I turned around and pulled up in front of the mailbox where he had stopped to get the mail, and rolled down my window and yelled (remember, I have NEVER met him) "Phillip- can you tell Maggie and Lizzie that I'm here?" He looked confused, but smiled and waved and said he'd send them out. Poor guy, he's probably not used to women in semi-minivan vehicles yelling at him out the window. :)

Anyway, we made it to the bookstore in plenty of time and staked out good seats before going to get cake. And it was good. We only made it through part of our slabs of cake before admitting defeat and boxing up the remnants to go. Then it was time to hear Dooce! Turns out she's one of those ridiculously unpregnant-looking pregnant people, who still look all tall and thin and glamorous, just with a perfectly shaped bump on front. Unlike some of us, who tend to look like small hippopotami. Anyway, I decided to forgive her her disgustingly prettyness and listen with an open mind. And her readings from her new book were hysterical. The best part of the evening, however, was the question and answer period, in which a man got up and told Dooce that she had scared the um, snot, out of him regarding post-baby sex. And when a very sincere, very nice lady got up and gave Dooce a small purse that she had made that was a very realistic representation of a female body part that I'm not going to name here on my family-friendly blog. Seriously. A purse.

Then we stood in line and chatted about lots of stuff while waiting to meet Dooce. All in all, a great evening at the end of a great day. And I even stayed up past 9 PM, for the first time in weeks!























































6 comments:

Lizzie said...

Some of the AWESOMEST photos of me EVER TAKEN. Every once in a while I think of something from last night and laugh out loud in the silence of my house. Is that the first indication that you're going crazy???

Lindsay said...

I'm glad you had a great day...the bit about recognizing Philip from MM blog cracked me up. It is very bizarre seeing pictures of people from different blogs together. Bizarro world if you will.

shopannies said...

so glad you found time for yourself there are times that those times become as precious as gold. I am also happy that you stopped by my blog and entered a giveaway good luck

Ashley said...

FUN! I love girl's nights!

Brandi said...

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers for Marlee!

Oh and I wanted to mention that you do have a great husband! Mine only does things like that when asked! :)

Wendy at Babies Gotta Have It said...

Hey so great to find your blog! And let me say, the reading was cool and all, but that photo of your husband vacuuming with the baby...too sweet! Be still my fluttering heart. It's like a teen heart-throb mag for chicks with kids.