Friday, April 3, 2009

I think I might be wearing the ugliest pants ever made

When I went to bed last night, I laid out my clothes in a pile, with intentions of wearing a cute, but casual outfit to the office today. Then, when I actually got up at 5:30 and saw that it was snowing!!!!!! I went back in the closet and pulled out my newest acquisition- the full-panel maternity jeans. I'm only 5 feet tall, and I think with the panel, these pants are approximately 4 feet tall. And those are petite pants. Sexy. Not only are they full panel, but they're a lighter wash jean than I usually wear. But they were 1) $3 at Goodwill and 2) in my exact size, even the petite part and 3) I just could not handle wearing my unbuttoned jeans with a belly band anymore. Could not do it. So the world's least attractive pants it is. I've spent as much of the day as possible hiding behind my desk, so no one will see me.

So I've been feeling conflicted all morning. I had intentions of coming on here and whining about being 7 months pregnant and uncomfortable and about my husband (who is a saint, and I need to not even whine about him!). But then Maggie linked to my blog on her 7 quick takes post, and I suddenly have been getting lots of hits (Hi Maggie readers!) and I don't want to scare them all and make them think that all I do is whine about being pregnant. Of course, I soon realized that whining about pregnancy actually, in fact, IS all that I do on my blog and I needed to be real :)

It's Friday- the sun is finally out and the snow/rain is nowhere in the forecast for the next few days. In fact, I've heard rumors of high 50s and sunshine! We're driving out towards the mountains for a birthday party tomorrow, so I'm looking forward that drive in the sunshine. I have to figure out what on earth to get for Ethan's friend for her 2nd birthday, but hey, I have 26 whole hours left to worry about that.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday!

3 comments:

Mommyto3andahusky said...

Thanks so much for the belly band Carrie! :) It will go great with my khakis I need to squeeze into for the last few weeks of work next month! :) Thanks so much!! :) Erin

Mommyto3andahusky said...

Thanks! Yeah today at work a kid I work with asked me "when I was going to explode?" Geez. 9 more weeks to go people!!!! lol

Pat said...

Sonce I first wore maternity clothes years ago ,they really have changed mostly for the better. Early ones were mostly tops and skirts (with a big cut out for where the belly gord). If you moved wrong, a lot got exposed. Then they put the stretchy material in, Better. Now a lot of clothes look like the styles that are in.
Jeans are tough though. When a family member was pregnant, I took her shopping many places before we found one that fit her usually petite body that was comfortable and didn't look gross. Good luck.
Pat.