Friday, April 10, 2009

I really don't know what her problem is- I'm certainly having no trouble gaining weight!

Long week again. Not bad, just long.  Lots going on at work, lots of time spent trying to figure out how to find the energy to get my gigantic self up and moving to play with Ethan or pull him off of whatever he's climbing on or whatever.  Thankfully we had gorgeous weather on several days and were able to spend Tuesday morning enjoying the sunshine at a park with friends.  Ethan had a great time digging in the dirt- I'm going to have to find a good place for him to dig this summer. He's such a boy!

This morning I had my first non-stress test. New Baby (of course) decided that it was a wonderful time to fall into a very deep sleep. The nurse laughed when she walked in after 10 minutes and saw the flat line and almost complete lack of activity, as I had warned her that New Baby was a very inactive kid, and she hadn't believed me. She did after she saw the test strip. So New Baby got buzzed and Mommy got apple juice, then she spent the next 30 minutes alternating between squishing my bladder and going off the monitor. They finally gave up after 45 minutes and sent me on to my doctor. Who then STRONGLY suggested that I should not wait for next week for an ultrasound, but needed one that day.  So an appointment was made for an ultrasound (#8!) this afternoon. I waddled to work and tried to get some stuff done for a few hours, while Daniel frantically tried to clear his schedule at his office so that he could join me for the ultrasound.

Anyway, the ultrasound was mostly fine, New Baby passed the Biophysical Profile part of it with flying colors. And my amniotic fluid was good. But, her growth has dropped off a bit more since the last check almost 4 weeks ago. She's now down to the 9th percentile for growth, which is when the doctors have to start getting worried.  I'm not sure what her problem is, I managed to gain 5 pounds in 2 weeks. I need to figure out a way to funnel some of these cupcake/cake/cookie calories more directly to her.  Anyway, the radiologist sent us back upstairs to my OB, who looked at the report and said "back to bed rest".  Modified bed rest this time (yeah, like I was so strict last time), so I'm still planning on doing things like attending church on Sunday. I am not missing the Easter service and potluck! The doctor was very noncommittal about the length of this bed rest- I have a NST but no OB appointment next Friday, but might hunt her down in the office anyway.  

So this means no shopping tomorrow, and my list was getting very long, and we had plans to go to Walmart to pick up our stroller which just arrived. I'm going to have to start working on a very detailed (husband-friendly) shopping list, in the hopes that he can get a few of the things I need. 

In good news, today's ultrasound showed that New Baby has hair! So I plan to spend my bed rest time this weekend shopping on Etsy stores for hairbows. :) 

I need more cake. 

4 comments:

Mommyto3andahusky said...

awww, enjoy your cake! Hope you get stuff done and rest too. Thats what husbands are for! :) I know its easier said than done though. How COOL that you saw she had hair!!! I think that is just so neat. I have an ultrasound on Tuesday and hopefully she will cooperate this time and we can see her face more. Last time she hid. :)

Ashley said...

Awww I hope you can get enough rest and that everything goes well for you. I am amazed at the number of ultrasounds you need to have! My due date is a week away and my baby shows no signs of coming early or anything. Guess I'll get to cook that Easter dinner after all! Have a great Easter!!

Lizzie said...

Good luck delegating - you'll get through it. And call if you need some distraction or for me to run errands for you or something. And happy Easter!

Erin said...

Yay for the ultrasound and the hair. BOO for the bed rest and the shrimpiness.

Shoot me an email with your home address, please. I have something for Shrimpy Girl that should be ready soon. If that's ok with you. :)