Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Tuesday afternoon and the weather is fine!

Ah, the joys of sunshine and open windows to let all the germs fly free (and hopefully out the windows and away from our condo!). I'm ignoring the fact that the sunshine shows all the dust on my bookshelves. Ignoring, ignoring.

Ethan's sick again. I'm rolling my eyes at the ridiculousness of our health this winter. It's just insane. I once heard someone compare having small kids to licking a petri dish full of germs. I think I laughed at the time. I'm not laughing anymore. Daniel's fighting a sore throat, and I'm fine, except I appear to have some sort of Eustachian tube problem, so everything is slightly muffled. But it's been like that for over a week now, so really, I'm getting used to it.

ANYWAY. Enough about germs. I've been spending the morning checking my work email and waiting for a list of edits and questions from my PM. It doesn't look like she's going to get them to me before nap time is over. Which is fine, she knows today is my day off and that I'll do them first thing tomorrow. I just am such a get-it-done-now type person, that it's hard to have stuff lurking in my email box or on my to-do list. Probably the major source of stress in my life these days. But, this stress-from-stuff-for-work will be gone soon, as I only have 13 work days left before I go on maternity leave for the rest of the year! I think it's really going to be a good thing for my whole family, I think I will be a much better wife and mom if my energy and time is less divided. We are so blessed that that is an option for us right now, I know many people are not so lucky.

Speaking of homes, we did get an offer on the rental property. Unfortunately, it was $84,000 below asking price. No, I did not mistype that number. We countered back at a number somewhere in the middle and now are just praying for a good result. We'd like to get this sold and get the show on the road, but we're not desperate, so we can wait until the right situation comes along. I'm not sure we have time left to close on the rental property and find/close on the new place in the less than 9 weeks we have left before New Baby comes along anyway. Of course, if this does work out, I will be totally thrilled, and it will be an answer to our prayers, for sure.

Just 5 more hours until I head out on my girls' night out! Hurray I need to spend that 5 hours trying to find something that still fits my hippo-like girth and is still vaguely cute. Easier said than done.

Here's a picture from Saturday- 30 weeks pregnant and 32 years old!!

2 comments:

Lizzie said...

I think you should throw caution to the wind and break out that midriff-bearing halter you've been saving. Also, that pic is a.dor.a.ble.

Mommyto3andahusky said...

Cute preggo belly! :) When is your due date? We must be close in due dates! :)