Monday, March 2, 2009

T-4 hours

We're in the final countdown until I pick my parents up at the airport.  According to the flight status, they're due to land around 5:45.  But I've discovered that westbound flights have a tendency to suddenly drop 15 minutes or more off their arrival estimate when they change from going north to heading due west. Or something like that. Regardless, Ethan and I will head out around 5ish, or whenever I get the bathrooms cleaned and finish gathering up and moving all of my necessary items/clothes out of our bathroom/bedroom and into Ethan's room. 

To Maggie- don't worry, there will be angst to come (she was sad that there was no entertaining angstiness from my weekend trip).  And you will get to see that I am an equal opportunity whiner. When my own family is around for a prolonged period of time, I get nearly as freaked out as when Daniel's family is around. Or even when Daniel is around, for that matter, when he is not supposed to be hanging around home.  It is nothing personal, everyone in my family and Daniel's family and Daniel are all lovely people, but I just start to lose it quickly when people/cats/fetuses are in my space all the time. Speaking of which- MOVE UP ALREADY YOU DIRECTIONALLY CHALLENGED FETUS!!! Get off of my bladder! Normal babies are up higher than this by 26 weeks! 

In pregnancy news, I spend all my time in the bathroom these days.  Drink one sip of liquid- go to the bathroom 4 times in the next 15 minutes. Oh, and I've gained 5 pounds since I went to the perinatologist last month, so am not looking forward to the weigh-in tomorrow. Technically I'm supposed to limit my weight gain to only 8 more pounds for the rest of the pregnancy. Which is going to be approximately 12 weeks and 5 more days. Give or take a few, depending on when the c-section gets scheduled, exactly. I think that 8 pounds in that amount of time is not realistic,  given that I have yet to do the majority of my expanding. Oh, and given that I am going to have to eat copious amounts of cake to cope with the next week or so.  :)

In the few minutes it took to type this, 10 minutes got shaved off the arrival time. I need to go finish work so that I can clean my house.

Have a good Monday, everyone!

1 comment:

Lizzie said...

I don't know where you're finding your energy... Good luck with your folks! I can't wait to hear more about the family visits.