Saturday, March 21, 2009

Saturday

So, I made it through work yesterday, came home, had a nice relaxing hour sitting with my feet up, then went to get Ethan at daycare. Where I was met with the sight of a poor little toddler with swollen, red eyes. As we suspected, the doctor's appointment today confirmed that he has conjunctivitis. One of the eyes seems to be better today, so hopefully it's a mild case and will pass quickly. Poor little thing, he looks so pitiful. His actual eye isn't red at all, so it's not the terrible pink eye that it can be in some cases, just a badly swollen lower eyelid.

Which means we're pretty much in for the weekend. We did hit a good co-op sale this morning after the doctor, and I got a bunch of clothes and swaddle blankets and sleep sacks and stuff like that for New Baby. And we had a nice walk (okay, waddle on my part) this afternoon to the grocery store. But other than that, we've spent the day just hanging out. So in some ways, I'm really grateful for the forced incarceration. We had lots of plans for the weekend, but we're also really tired, and it's nice to have an excuse to stop and rest sometimes. I've got a cold as well, so it's good timing on that front too. Hopefully we'll all be recovered by Monday- the doctor said Ethan wouldn't be contagious anymore then, so that's good.

Of course, being trapped in the condo means I have NOTHING of interest to blog about, so I'll stop torturing you all :) Hope you have a good weekend!

1 comment:

Lizzie said...

Good scores at the sales! Nice work. I had a bridal shower today but I'm thinking about checking out the toys at the next one... As if Lu needs more toys.