Thursday, March 26, 2009

Just when you think I can't get any more pathetic

Rumor has it that we're going to have SUNSHINE!!! here in Seattle today. So I tentatively made plans with Lizzie to take our kids out for a walk around Green Lake. Because I've barely left the condo since last Friday. I was sure that I would wake up this morning feeling healthy(ier) and energized.

Instead I woke up with what looks like pink eye. Seriously, this morning I actually wondered for a while if I qualify for euthanasia under our state's new law. My patheticness count is this: 7 months pregnant, runny nose, cough, two (yes TWO!) congested ears that I can barely hear out of, one earache, and one suspiciously pink eye. I did go to the doctor yesterday and everything is just a virus, with the exception of the earache, which is apparently on the border between looking like inflammation from a cold and a full-blown infection. So I have drops for the ear pain and other than that am doing a limited amount of OTC stuff.

On that note, yesterday I was at the grocery store and bought 2 boxes of kleenex, a bottle of tylenol, and some cough syrup. And the clerk asked how my day was going. I would have thought that was fairly evident just by my purchases. :)

Ethan and I are not leaving home today. I think I might even scrap the idea of getting dressed. I see a lot of Veggie Tales and Little Einsteins in his near future.

I really wish my unborn child would let me have back just a little bit of my immune system. This is getting ridiculous.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Awww C, I am so sorry that you are feeling so rotten.

ParentsGear said...

Get better soon! Thanks for stopping by!

Sheila said...

Aww, isn't it always so...as soon as your pregnant you catch EVERY virus out there!!! I hope you feel better!