Friday, March 13, 2009

4 hours until the weekend!!!

I don't think I have EVER been so ready for a weekend in my life. At least not in recent memory. We've been traveling for the last two weekends, with family visits in between, so I'm really ready for a boring weekend of running errands and watching way too much TV. Now I just have to find the motivation for 4 more hours of work, and I'm free.

I am so conflicted about work these days. In some ways, I'm so mentally done already, and ready to just be a mom for a while and not have the constant feeling of "oh crap, I need to log in and check my work email to see if they have more questions for me on ..." or "should I work an hour during Ethan's nap time or clean the kitchen and do laundry." I'm not good at splitting my attention. But, on the other hand, I was getting something out of my diaper bag yesterday and saw my business card holder, and was overwhelmed with sadness at that part of my life being over/on hold for a few years. So I guess that makes me a normal mom, not sure what I want!

Today was yet another doctor's appointment for me. This one was the appointment where I imitate a human pincushion. First up was the lovely glucose drink consumption and blood test (gag). That went fine. I think I bounced my way down the hall to the appointment. I don't know why, it's not like my diet isn't pretty much 99% sugar these days anyway. Then I saw the doctor for a grand total of 2 minutes. And then the rhogam shot! When I had Ethan, I was prepared for the shot to hurt, but it wasn't too bad at 28 weeks or after he was born. Today, the nurse came in with the shot, opened the packet and said (I kid you not!) "wow- look at the size of the needle! They made it even bigger than last year's needle." Then she gave me the shot and it FREAKING HURT!!! It's one of those that goes into the fat, so it burns. It was over fairly quickly and I'm fine now, but still. And I wasn't sure whether to be amused/horrified at her pre-shot comment. Not what I would say to someone before sticking them with the needle though... Just hoping now that New Baby has Rh - blood like me, so I wont have to get another shot after her birth.

Then the rest of my morning consisted of scheduling all the rest of my OB appointments and NSTs for the rest of the pregnancy. And several confusing phone calls back to the OB's office to see where the orders were for my ultrasound next week (during which they thought I was already at the ultrasound office and was expecting an ultrasound today, which wasn't right...).
I have a grand total of ONE week between now and June during which I have no appointments. And I will likely end up with an ultrasound that week, since those will be done regularly, but I only have the next one scheduled. At least I'll know my way around the area well before it's time to go deliver!

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Holy crow your pregnancy is flying by... well, at least from my perspective :)

Have a relaxing weekend!!

shopannies said...

thanks for stopping by my blog and good luck in the contest you entered