Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Things I love today

1. My pretty new blog header!  Everyone, admire, please!

2.  Sunshine! It's been snowing here for a few days and kind of dreary, so it's really nice to see the sun. I'm just sitting where I can't see the dust on my shelves.

3. Working at home in my quiet condo. I'm usually running around like a lunatic when I'm home, so I love the days when I work at home and have an excuse to sit quietly and enjoy the sunshine.

4. Ethan's new cool mist humidifier that I got on clearance at Bed Bath and Beyond. I have it sitting next to me and running right now, and my nose is actually feeling better. This dry air has been kicking my butt.  

5.  My sweet husband.  I love him in general, but get reminded of how good and patient he is sometimes. Like last night, when he came home from work and was talking about his one female coworker and her pregnancy issues. She's a week ahead of me, so has pretty much the same complaints that I do right now, and Daniel is so nice and asks her about it, so he ends up hearing about pregnancy stuff pretty much all the time. He's genuinely interested, but I imagine it gets old when you're around it 23 hours out of the day.

6.  My job.  I wrote yesterday about my upcoming maternity leave and having sent an email to work to let them know my plans.  Believe you me, I have had enough conversations and read enough blogs lately to know how incredibly blessed I am to have such a flexible job with a company that likes me a lot. And to have the financial freedom for us to (barely) be able to have two kids on Daniel's salary so I can take a long chunk of time off.  My job has been a blessing in my life (most of the time) for the past 5 1/2 years now, and I am aware of just how great it is.  

7. Empty laundry baskets. It happens so rarely, I need to enjoy the 32 minutes or so that they will stay empty!  

8.  A fairly empty social calendar for this weekend.  We're doing a photo shoot with Kim from Tacheny Adventure on Saturday afternoon, but that'll be a fun activity.  Other than that and church on Sunday, we have nothing planned. How strange and wonderful! It's our last free weekend until mid-March sometime, so we plan to enjoy it.  I think Valentine's Day is going to be low-key this year, probably just dinner in. Hopefully we'll manage to stay awake past 8 PM. I'm not counting on it though. :)

Hope you're all having a great day today too! 

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Woot woot on number 7! I don't even have kids and don't have it figured. Nice blog header!