Monday, February 9, 2009

Me again

I've been working now for about 4 hours, and I swear, my entire morning has gone like this: 1) work one minute. 2) think about cake for 2 minutes. 3) contemplate getting up to get cake for 2 minutes. 4) realize I don't feel like waddling downstairs for 30 seconds. Repeat.

Oh, I totally forgot to tell you the most annoying part of the bad haircut yesterday. It didn't really sink in until later in the evening, because I was so focused on mentally willing the guy to just cut my hair already so we could get Ethan home for a nap! Anyway, Daniel was there too and he got his haircut first, and the guy knew I was there with my husband and son. He asked the usual baby questions and I mentioned that I am 5 months pregnant with #2 and we chatted about that. (The man was your stereotypical male hairdresser, if you get my drift). And then he asked me if I worked, and I said that I did, but I would probably not be working after the new baby arrived.

Then the guy said "oh, that's going to be so much easier than working. I mean, I'd love to just sit around all day and play with kids and not have to actually work. I'm surprised you're still working now, wouldn't you rather be home playing?" He's lucky I was distracted, or else I would not have been able to be responsible for my pregnancy hormones. Because, I'm sorry, my days at work are about 1.5 billion times easier than dealing with a toddler who has just learned to say
"no", and who spends all his time looking over his shoulder to make sure I notice that he's once again in the drawer he's not supposed to play in, before he cackles madly and dashes off (not very quickly) to torture the cats or try to eat cat litter or something like that.

I know there are lots of people out there who still think being a stay-at-home mom is easy, but I'd never run into one before. I vote we go hunt him down and let him babysit our kids for a few hours...

2 comments:

The Tacheny's said...

I'm IN Carrie! :)

Jill said...

Speaking of cake...a couple of weeks ago my 16 yr old had a Drs appointment so I took him out to eat lunch before it. He was really sick but made the comment he wanted a piece of their Strawberry cake with cream cheese icing. So I told him if he was not too full I would get him a piece. He did not even eat his lunch, Too sick couldn't breathe. So, I told him I would make him one when he felt better. This poor child was under the idea this was the only place that had that kind of cake!! I later took him to the grocery store to the cake isle and let him pick out what kind of cake he wanted. I guess you can tell I do not cook too, many sweets. He thought cake boxes only came in chocolate or yellow cake. Now everyweek he picks out a different cake and icing. I cooked one last night,his new favorite strawberry with cream cheese icing. I wish I had a way to get you a big chunck of it.......