Friday, February 6, 2009

I guess we're not newlyweds anymore

Daniel called a couple of times today to update me on how things went. The funeral was good and had a good turnout. Daniel and his brother and cousins were good pallbearers and did not drop the coffin.  He's been enjoying spending time with family and catching up on what's going on with everyone, particularly with the new babies in the family. I guess Ethan's second cousin (who is 6 months older than Ethan) has a lot of the same habits as Ethan does right now, so Daniel feels right at home. He said this does get him in trouble, when he picks up Hugo to toss him in the air or play the other games he plays with Ethan, and only then remembers that Hugo weighs almost 10 pounds more than Ethan does... 

Anyway, he's coming home tomorrow! Ethan and I have done fine these past few days, but we've missed him! I was amused though, when we were making plans for the logistics of tomorrow, and Daniel said he'd call me before he left for the airport. I did some quick mental calculations and realized that would mean that he would call at 5:30 my time, and tomorrow is Saturday, one of the few days that I don't have to get up at 5:30.  I decided that I perhaps don't love him QUITE that much anymore, and it would be fine if he waited to call me when he was on his first layover back in the States.  

I ate caramel corn for dinner tonight.  Yeah, doing great on that healthy eating thing. I think I'll eat a tomato later to help balance things out. 

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

You are al.most.there. with respect to Daniel coming home. Hopefully you get some time to relax as a fam with what's left of the weekend.

AZMom said...

Sorry to hear there was a death in the family. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Thank you for stopping by my blog and your kind words. We hope to post good news soon......hope, being the key word ;-)