Friday, January 23, 2009

Update

Just wanted to do a quick posting before I leave to go pick up Daniel. That's right, LEAVE THE CONDO!!! Hurray! I had an ultrasound Thursday morning. I only set 3 alarms, but we still made it there in plenty of time, thankfully. No repeat of the oversleeping from last time.  

The fluid level looked good on the ultrasound. They didn't give me a number, and I didn't remember to ask, so I'm not sure how much of an improvement there was, but the radiologist said things looked good. So I did not bed rest yesterday, which was good, because Daniel really had to put in a full day at work. I was so exhausted by Ethan's bed time, since it had been a long time since I last dealt with him alone all day. He seems to know that I'm feeling well again and is pushing every single limit that we put on him. And then coming up with some new and creative ideas for misbehavior. It's the deliberateness of the whole thing that just shocks me.  How can someone so cute be so totally rotten! ;) 

This morning I had an OB appointment. My doctor hadn't seen the report yet, but said that as soon as she did, she'd call with the results and I could get back to my normal life. I chose to ignore the second part of the sentence. Enough is enough. I'm going to still try to take things easy in the evening and rest as much as possible, but this strict bed rest thing is done.  I'll still be seeing the perinatologist in another week, and my OB said that I'll need close monitoring for the rest of the pregnancy, but that's pretty typical for me. 

The baby decided to be modest during Thursday's ultrasound and keep her legs clamped firmly together, so no verification of gender. But we'll have another ultrasound at the perinatologist's appointment, so we'll see again then, hopefully. So I'm trying to restrain myself from buying too many girl clothes. And I'm not getting rid of Ethan's old clothes just yet. Soon though!

Anyway, we're off to get Daniel and then to Target and Red Robin for dinner. ***Swooning with happiness***  And tomorrow I'm going to an all-day Christian women's conference. I am going alone, since my friends were all busy, and I am totally nervous about that, but I really feel like this is somewhere I need to be.  The topic is 'recovering from a hard year', which is fairly appropriate. 2008 wasn't awful, but it also had a lot of challenges, and I could use a reminder of perspectives and "stuff" before 2009 gets too much further along, since I suspect it's going to be a challenge as well.

Gotta run. Have a great Friday! 

2 comments:

Jill said...

I am so glad you are feeling so much better, please do not over do it.Rest everytime your son does and that will help with the exhaustion. I will continue to pray for you and your entire family.I can't to hear the comfirmation of babies sex. My daughter was mis diagnoised as a boy, so we had all boy things and no girl things. My momma had to run to belk and get her an outfit to come home in. But that was 20 years ago, the ultrasounds are so much better now. Have a great day, but do not over do it!!!

The Tacheny's said...

Hey Carrie - You got the photo shoot - Let me know a good time for you and the family (when you aren't on bed rest) and I will meet you in Seattle for a shoot! :) I am looking forward to it. Thank you!!