Thursday, January 8, 2009

Seems like I had something to tell you guys... what was it...

Hmm... oh, I remember... it's a girl!!!! I am STUNNED. Was totally and utterly convinced that I was having another boy. But the technician claimed it was a girl! 

But today is just not to be believed. Seriously. Actually, I'm going to start with last night.

Ethan was fussy all evening and went to bed around 7:30. Daniel was still at work or stuck in traffic or something. I hear a strange sound from Ethan's room, go in there, he's sleeping in a giant pool of vomit.  Okay then. Grab Ethan, put him (screaming) in the bath fully clothed, get him cleaned off, start more laundry (he threw up that morning as well, but we thought he was just gagging on food).  Let Ethan watch a DVD while he regroups.  Daniel finally gets home at 8:30 and we get Ethan back to bed around 10. He wakes up at 4, starving, and has a bottle. 

Then I wake up at 7:20.  Our ultrasound appointment was at 7:15. I freak out, jump out of bed, grab clothes, Daniel grabs Ethan, I get some food for Ethan. We run to the car and are on our way (looking VERY stylish) by 7:26. Make it to the appointment at 7:40, grovel, get in to the ultrasound at 7:45.  The technician is still done by 8:15, so I don't think I screwed up their schedule too much for the day. I hope.

The doctor comes in, tells me that my amniotic fluid levels are low, sends me to my OB.  Now it's my turn to be on the other end of the mishaps.  It's 8:30, my doctor is nowhere around, they think she's in surgery, but tell me to wait 10 minutes for the L&D nurse.  At 9:15 we start to be a little restless. Ethan is alternating between crying and crawling around the waiting room and flirting with people.  At 9:30 I wait in the check-in line and find out that they forgot to tell the nurse that I was waiting, but she'll be right out. At 9:55, the nurse comes out and says my doctor is there, so she doesn't know why they called her, but my doctor is with a patient. I mention that I have an appointment the next morning anyway, and she says "oh, that would have been fine, they shouldn't have made you wait." So now we dash off again, because Daniel is very, very late for work.  Drop Daniel off at 10:30 and pray that his boss doesn't hate him. 

Cry on the way home because I was secretly (and not even really admitting it to myself), hoping for a daughter. And because I'm a little scared about this whole low amniotic fluid thing. I didn't really need another pregnancy complication.  

So, that's our day! Ethan and I are exhausted, and it's only 11:20.  But I think we'll head out shopping later- I have girl clothes to buy!

6 comments:

The Tacheny's said...

I had low amniotic fluid too. Drink lots of water!!!

Anonymous said...

I was going to say the same thing... Drinks LOTS of water was what my doctor told me. Think PINK or purple or yellow! :) Congrats ~Amanda

Lizzie said...

HOORAY FOR GIRLS! Lucy needs another little girl friend!

Lindsay said...

Wahoooooo! Congrats on the exciting news. Best of luck navigating the rest of the pregnancy.

maggie said...

YAY FOR A GIRL! I was secretly hoping too. :)

mary said...

CONGRATS again on the girl!!! AND lol if you are anything like me, you'll have plenty of opportunities to confirm on all your future ultrasounds.