Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I knew I shouldn't have asked

Okay, so last week when I saw the OB, she said "bed rest for a week" then went off to chat with the perinatologist's office. Then she came back and said "oh, we're going to wait two weeks to do the ultrasound" but she didn't mention the bed rest, and I didn't think to ask. Then my parents (intelligently) asked me that night how I was supposed to be on bed rest for one week if nothing was being checked again for two.  I tried to pretend that that wasn't a good question. I failed. 

Anyway, after waiting several days for the perinatologist's office to call me to schedule an appointment with them, as my OB has said they would, I finally called them to see what was going on, and they claimed to have none of my paperwork.  So I called the OB to ask them about that, and decided I should go ahead and clarify the whole bed rest one week/until the ultrasound thing.  And was informed that I am on bed rest until next Friday (ultrasound is Thursday), when I have my next regular OB appointment. Oh, and she said they did send the paperwork, so I need to call the perinatologist again in the morning to follow up. At least I have plenty of spare time for all these phone calls! 

So, I broke down tonight and sent a mass email to my church friends asking them to come over next week with their kids, and entertain Ethan for a few hours at a time. Which was hard for me to do, I don't like to ask for help.  But I know it's what I need to do for Ethan/Daniel's sake, to avoid more late night "discussions" like the one that was held last night between Daniel and I. :)

I cannot believe that I don't get to leave this condo again for another 8 days. I'm going to be so happy to go to my appointment next Thursday morning. Freedom! Believe me, we are SO taking the long way home from the doctor's office that day.

Anyway, so that's the scoop from me. Expect further crazed emails. Don't say I didn't warn you. 

3 comments:

Jill said...

I was afraid they changed it to two weeks without informing you! I hope you are reading alot and if you do not have any get Daniel or someone to get you some puzzle books. When I am sick and try to rest I will wrap up in my recliner and get lost in suduko and word searches. It unbelievable makes the time pass very quickly. I will continue to pray not only for your and baby girls health but for your santity too!!

Zuko said...

Hi Carrie, it's Zuko from WW's!

Just wanted to let you know I read your blog and that I'm thinking of you! If I lived closer than Chicago, I'd come and play with Ethan and cook you some yummy (non-Chinese) food.

Be strong, OK? Also, did you hear that Creekie had her baby?

maggie said...

Ugh. If I only had a reliable nap schedule and a little more skill with leaving my house, I'd totally visit! WAH. I'd be going INSANE. And you bet I'd be having 'discussions' with my husband too!