Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Another mystery solved

Three days a week I go to work and Ethan goes to daycare. And, since I start work at 6:30, Daniel takes care of getting Ethan up and dressed and to daycare those days. He does a really good job- he always remembers to take the things that I've gotten ready, he gets Ethan there on time and is even friendly and chats with all the teachers (an area where I fail miserably).  But there are a lot of days when I go to get Ethan, and my first reaction on seeing him is "what on earth are you wearing?"  It's inevitably some form of overalls and some shirt that doesn't match at all about 50% of the time.  And the socks are another color entirely.

So this morning I was running very late, so as I was getting ready to leave, Ethan had just woken up and Daniel was getting him dressed.  This is the scene that I saw unfold: Ethan is on the changing table, talking to his stuffed animal.  It's still dark in the room because Ethan has just woken up and Daniel hasn't turned on the light. IN THE DARK Daniel reaches over to the shelf where Ethan's clothes are and RANDOMLY grabs something from the shirt shelf and another something from the pants shelf.  I about have a heart attack.

It never occurred to me that this was how Daniel was dressing Ethan. I thought he just maybe didn't know what matched. Apparently the days that Ethan has actually looked like he was wearing a coordinated outfit have just been a fluke of what was on the top of the pile that day. 

I'm going to have to start thinking about putting out Ethan's clothes the night before, apparently.  These are the things that they need to teach in parenting class. Really. Lessons on what colors/patterns go together.  Oh, and that buttons can go in the back of boys shirts. I wrote about this on the weight watchers board this morning and there was another person whose husband puts her son's shirts on backwards when they have buttons that fasten in the back.  I keep explaining- tag in the back. Don't worry about the buttons if the tag is in the back. I get a blank stare every time. :)

Less than 15 hours until the big ultrasound!

3 comments:

The Tacheny's said...

That is Stinkin hilarious! My hubby has the same coordination problems. Before church, I always ask him to check with me to see if what he picked out is acceptable. LOL he never does.

Carrie said...

Oh, Daniel knows he is NOT allowed to dress Ethan for church on his own. I'm insistent on that!

Karen said...

Holy cow, Carrie! I have a TON of catching up to do!!!! Your pregnant again!!!! Congrats!!!!!