Monday, December 15, 2008

Potential redemption

I think the snow and cold got to us last night, because when Daniel suggested that as our Christmas/anniversary gift, we book a long weekend trip to Hawaii, I jumped on the idea. He distracted me from the fact that I really wanted to get him something nice. But I guess a joint gift of a trip to Hawaii should count as a good present, even if it was his idea.

So now we're trying to figure out when to go and what hotel to stay at and things like that. Which I really think is the most stressful part of any trip. We liked the hotel we stayed at before, but we're big on trying new places, so we probably will branch out a bit. And I think we're going to go at the end of February, which is a really cheap time to go to Honolulu (seriously, if you have some spare time and a little spare money, look at Hawaii if you live on the west coast. Great deals these days). The only challenge is that my parents are coming to visit during the first week of March (sometime, we still don't know when, for sure). But if we have to all arrive at the airport the same day, that's not the end of the world.

In other cheerful, happy news, I got done with the stupid 24-hour urine test and got the jug out of my fridge and delivered to the OB's office this morning. It made me want to gag every time I saw it. I'm not sure why. It's not like I haven't spent the past 16 months dealing with worse things. Still no phone call from them about scheduling the "big" ultrasound. I didn't get a referral for that on Friday, and I'm not due for another check-up until 19.5 weeks so I think I need to make the appointment for the ultrasound before that. Hopefully they'll call back with that info soon. I want to buy gender-specific baby gear!

Oh, and I have a little belly. Not much of one, but it's definitely there. One of these days I might actually look pregnant. Probably not soon though, knowing me.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Hawaii! LUCKY you!