Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!

It's been a busy day- shopping with my friend, sitting in traffic, running around randomly- and time is short before we need to grab our stuff and head over to the rental condo to clean, enjoy free cable TV and watch the top of the fireworks off the Space Needle.  

But, I had to blog one last time to wrap up 2008.  Last year I turned my 2007 blog into a book, using Blurb, and plan to do so again. So I need a good wrap-up post.

So, this year.  Kind of kicked my butt.  This was, of course, my first year of being a mom for a full year, and in a leap year, no less. It was a wonderful and challenging 366 days.  We had some stresses- most particularly Daniel's job sagas, but God was faithful to us and gave us peace and strength while we waited for answers.

And Ethan has grown and grown and is now a little boy who likes to play with cars rather than the lumpish baby that he was last New Year's Eve.  He never ceases to amaze and amuse us.  And drive us a little insane, but I think that's in his job description.  

It's really hard to believe that we'll have a whole other little person celebrating with us next New Year's Eve. Really a weird thought. But I'm looking forward to that.

So here's to 2009, the year of more changes and more realizations that yes, I am an adult and a mom and a wife and that's my reality and I need to embrace that.  I'm looking forward to seeing what God has in store for us.

I wish you all a very blessed and wonderful New Year. 

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Happy New Year! I had no idea you can turn a blog into a book, but that is pretty cool.

Ashley said...

Happy new year to you too!!! How expensive is it to turn your blog into a book? That sounds really cool!!!