Tuesday, December 23, 2008

FREEDOM!!!

You know those little suction cup Garfield toys that you see on car windows (not many, fortunately). Picture that, in the form of a 4-pregnant woman, getting as close to the window of her home as she can, trying to catch a glimpse of the outside world. And, honestly, trying to get a little further away from the two loves of her life. Who she truly does love, but whom she is honestly getting a little sick of spending 24 hours a day with, trapped inside a 911 square foot condo.

THEN- a break in the despair came. Last night, Ethan's daycare sent a message to all the parents to say that daycare would be open today from 10-3:30. He usually does not go to daycare on Tuesdays, but about 1 nanosecond after getting the email, I wrote back to ask/beg if I could bring Ethan over for a couple of hours. Because he's starting to go as nuts as I am, and I thought two hours of playing with his friends would do us all a world of good. They agreed (which is good, because I pay almost $1000/month for daycare, and he's been 8 times this month, total), and I went to bed happy.

So, this morning we packed up and walked the two blocks through the snow to daycare. It's downhill on the way there, so it was a pretty easy trip. I then walked over to get my haircut and stopped for a cup of tea at the grocery store and chatted on my cell phone with a friend. Pretty much the best two hours I've had in a long time.

Then I was a little stupid and went to the other grocery store for groceries before getting Ethan. Which would have been fine, but the courtyard at daycare still has about 6 inches of snow, so I couldn't push the stroller through. So I had to leave the groceries in the parking lot, go get the stroller in daycare, bring it out, load it up, go get Ethan, and walk out with him. Then push everything back up the hill. The sidewalks weren't too bad, but the intersections now have about three inches of slush, so that was an adventure. Pretty much my workout for the month :)

Now we're home and happy to have seen the outside world. Still not sure what's going on for Christmas, since more snow (weeping) is forecast for tonight. I'm trying not to think about the fact that I have a 12 pound turkey in the fridge and there might just be two of us. I'm also trying not to think about the fact that I don't actually know how to cook the turkey. I keep hoping to wake up one morning with the knowledge of turkey cooking magically appearing in my brain. :)

Pictures attached of my new haircut (I worked hard for this haircut, so thankfully it's a good one!) and my sad little 17 week pregnant belly. I am the least pregnant looking 4-month pregnant woman ever. Especially since I'm not thin, so essentially always have the same size bump that I have now. BUT!!! I felt the little one move last night. I've been feeling little movements occasionally, but last night it was definitely him (no, I don't know for sure yet, but I really think it's a boy). So that was fun and reassuring. Still no return phone call from my OB, so I have no idea what's going on with my medications or when I'll have my ultrasound. Soon, hopefully!

Okay, gotta go put away the groceries and use nap time to start cleaning, just in case the in-laws arrive on Thursday.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

































7 comments:

Lizzie said...

ADORABLE haircut. I want the same. Who's your hairdresser? Dang, girl. Looking good.

AZMom said...

Love the haircut! I didn't realize you were pg again. I haven't been over here in a while! Congratulations!!

mary said...

Carrie- I love your hair!!! it is so stinking adorable! As is your baby belly! And yay for movement!!! Are you finding out the sex this time?

Carrie said...

Nothing but the finest for me- I went to HairMasters. :)

Ashley said...

I think your haircut is so cute!!! And you look great!

Two Sick Peas In A Pod said...

Enjoying your blog in Raleigh NC!!

Karen said...

How cute are you?! Love the new haircut.