Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Update from today's appointments

Our ultrasound this morning went well. I dutifully drank my 24 ounces of water, then sat in a waiting room full of equally uncomfortable pregnant women as we waited for the ultrasound people to call our names. They were running about 10 minutes late this morning, which is an ETERNITY when you have a full bladder. Fortunately, this place worked differently from the clinic that did Ethan's ultrasounds- I had to have a full bladder until my name was called, then was allowed to go use the restroom right away, before the actual scan. Before I've always had to suffer through a full bladder while being poked and prodded in the abdomen, so this was a welcome change.

The scan went well, even though the baby was being overly laid back and refused to turn the right direction for what the technician needed to measure. I had to keep shaking my hips in a 'hula' motion to try to jostle him/her into action. It finally worked and we got the necessary measurements. And I am measuring 4 days ahead of my last scan, so my due date is now June 2nd and I'm 12 weeks pregnant! Almost out of the first trimester!


After that, Daniel dropped us off at home and went to work, then an hour later Ethan and I hopped on the bus to go to Ethan's 15-month appointment. Ethan's finally over 20 pounds! He weighed in at a whopping 21 pounds this morning, up in the 7th percentile! His height was a little less impressive, but the doctor admitted that it's hard to accurately determine the height of a wiggly toddler. He got his shots and we walked home where, thankfully, the annual fire alarm testing was all done. We do have one issue that we have to follow up on for Ethan at Children's Hospital, but it's nothing major, I think.

So it's been a busy day and we're totally exhausted at 2 PM. But it was a good day and it was nice to get good news from all the medical professionals in our day today.

1 comment:

Lizzie said...

That photo is priceless. Glad everything's going well, and I LOVE when they tell you that you can skip some days! Wheee!