Thursday, November 20, 2008

Rain, rain go away.

I had to restrain myself this morning from grabbing Daniel as he walked out the door to work.  Partly because I love him and partly  because he was taking the car with him on my usual Carrie-has-the-car-and-gets-to-go-out-day [Weeping].

It's been a tough week and a half.  Daniel's been super-duper busy at work lately. Insanely busy.  Far too busy to have time to call me or answer my plaintive messages on Skype. Which I've been trying to keep to a minimum, really. And by the time he gets home from work after 7, I'm wiped out and he's wiped out, and we don't have the energy to even talk, and just watch TV for a while, before I go to bed at 9 (it's really pathetic) and he works for another hour or two.

And although I go to work three days a week, my work is fairly insulated. My three coworkers and I don't say much more to each other besides "good morning", and most of my work is alone, with communication through email.  

I told Daniel this morning when he left that I felt like my only adult conversations this week were the ones I had with nurses and doctors at our many appointments. They are all nice people and all, but I'm not sure that counts.

If I'm going to make it through this long, rainy winter, I need a plan.

But, on the good side, I've used my angst this morning to fuel the following activities:  1) made the list for our Christmas cards and put our pictures in all the cards, 2) put the other pictures that I picked up into the appropriate albums, 3) did 2 loads of laundry, 4) unloaded the dishwasher, 5) organized Ethan's clothes, and 6) tidied the scary hall closet. Now it's 10:45 AM and I'm out of things to do.

Oh, and I totally scared the UPS man this morning with my uncombed hair.  He was dropping off a big box of diapers though, so my appearance probably was not totally unexpected. Fortunately I did get dressed around 10 AM, so at least he was spared that sight.  :)

No comments: