Friday, October 17, 2008

One of the most beautiful things I've ever seen

Was the sight of the new baby's heart flickering away on the ultrasound screen today. :)  149 beats per minute, everything is measuring right at 7 weeks.  We actually were able to see the heartbeat on the external scan, but they did an internal as well to double check the measurements.

Thanks for your prayers.  Hopefully that was my one completely nutty freakout of the pregnancy.  I don't think I had too many with Ethan (I suppose I could go back and check my blog to see for sure, but I'd rather not).  

Phew. 

4 comments:

Lizzie said...

Wheee! What great news! On with all good things...

mary said...

Yay Carrie and new baby!!! So glad that everything went well! It is so nervewracking waiting to see that heartbeat!!!!

The Tacheny's said...

Yea for good news!!!

Erin said...

YAY! I am so glad to hear that all is well. :) On with the tiredness and other fun of early pregnancy!