Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I'm losing my mind

I can't stop crying.  The trigger? My integrated screening ultrasound/OB visit appointment for a month from now got canceled. And my doctor has no availability for 6 weeks. So I have to see a different doctor. And my appointments are now on different days, so I have to miss hours of work twice.  And use PTO to cover it. And I don't really have much PTO left after our trip back east next week. And I have no car, which means either I have to bus to these appointments or Daniel has to bus to work and then he gets home at 7:30 PM or 8 instead of 7.

Seriously. Sobbing.  And the scheduling lady at the clinic thinks I'm insane because I started crying and told her I had to go.  

I just want to have a doctor who understands all these stupid complications I have going on.  Who knows how much medication I'm taking and the problems that I went through last time and everything.  If I wait for my doctor, I'll be going 6+ weeks between appointments and I'm pretty sure I need to start seeing the hypertension clinic fairly soon. 

Ethan keeps crying too, because he doesn't understand what's going on and why mommy is crying. 

I am sure I'm just being an overly hormonal, overly tired pregnant woman and that things will be fine and the new doctor will be fine and everything will be great. But I still cant stop crying.  I need a break.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Oh, I am so sorry to hear that!

Can you use the tears to your benefit and explain to the receptionist what's going on? Maybe she'll have some way of helping you that she wouldn't be inclined to use if you weren't weeping.

Just a thought.

Sending hugs your way.

Carrie said...

Unfortunately, no. That's the main drawback of going to a clinic at the hospital instead of a real OB, they just do not care! I've been through this several times with them now, when scheduling my first appointment, I said I could only come in on certain days, and they said "too bad, you take what we give you." Ugh.