Thursday, October 23, 2008

Carless Thursday

No car today. Or next Thursday either.  And it looks like I need to adjust to that, since Daniel's friend that he carpools with a couple of times a week is moving soon and will have a different route to work. Oh well, I'll just have to work on begging people to visit me and doing more of my shopping on the weekend.

I just realized today that I haven't been to Target in at least 2 months. I don't think I've EVER gone two months without going to Target, except when I lived outside of the US. I'm feeling a very huge need to go there.  Must...spend...random...money...on...cool...Target...items...

Ethan's napping. He's been asleep for 2.5 hours now.  I just checked to make sure he was still breathing. He is.  I kept him up all morning today, because this afternoon I was participating in a sort of mini focus group (of 1!) for Cozi.  I love focus groups. Especially for things that I love already or didn't know about and now can't figure out how I lived without them.  (Full disclosure, they did pay me for my time testing the beta version of their site today, but that does not affect how I feel about the website).

Cozi is a family-organization website. It has a handy online calendar that everyone can log into and see the family schedule.  I had been trying (without success) to set up Google calendar to manage things, and this is going to be a nice alternative.  Especially since Daniel's always having to call me from work and ask if he's free on a weekend or an evening. Now he can just log in and see what's going on, and make plans accordingly.  And there's a nice shopping list feature. Again, useful for the times when I start a list at work and lose it by the time I get home and have to start all over. This way everything is in one central location. There's also a family journal site, which is probably less useful, since I already overshare details of my life here, but it could come in handy.

Seriously, is there anything more glorious than a beautiful autumn day?  We're having another completely perfect afternoon here.  Blue sky, not-freezing temperatures, pretty trees.  Sigh of happiness. 

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Carless must be hard! At least you live right in the city though. And YES, our fall weather has been so perfect!