Monday, September 29, 2008

Trying to figure out what to do

So, I have a dilemma. Our church's bible study is starting up again this week, and I was really looking forward to attending. I know I need this time of corporate study and worship, and I need to be reminded to make personal study a priority.

I got the book yesterday. I started looking at it last night. My blood pressure shot up about 100 points. I HATE the book they chose. There are some good points, but the things that I have problems with (although they make up just a very small subset of the book), are so overwhelmingly irritating to me, that I don't know if I can get past them. And it's not even just what the person is saying, but the way in which she presents the thoughts, and her background, which I feel makes her fairly unqualified to be talking about some of these issues. I know that others really like the book that they chose, and that's fine. It has some great sections and good ideas. But I'm not sure if I can handle 7 months of slowly going through a book that I would like to set on fire.

I truly don't know what to do. I'm all signed up for the class, and if I don't attend, people will notice. But I would be giving up 2 hours of one of my two days with Ethan to attend the class, and I don't know if that's a trade off I'm willing to make in this circumstance. Daniel said that I could always go and hope that others disagree as well, but I doubt it, in this group. And I really dont do conflict, so I am certainly not going to express my opinion. I'm wimpy that way.

In other news, the weekend was great! I'm working on writing about it for Type A Mom, and will post the link once it's up.

1 comment:

Lizzie said...

That's rough. I know I find it so hard to voice my opinions in that kind of a group too. Maybe next time you should volunteer to be on the book choosing committee? :)