Friday, September 5, 2008

Returning to normalcy

Mom and Dad have returned home, after a very long day of travel. On my end, mucho laundry has been done and our belongings have been shifted back to our bedroom/bathroom. Ethan still stops and looks around the condo occasionally to see if there are any adults around other than Mommy, because Mommy makes stupid rules, like "don't touch the electrical outlet" and he'd really like a second opinion. No luck.

Oh, and it's finally dawned on me that I am hosting a baby shower tomorrow. SO MUCH TO DO. Hopefully it'll all go well and look nice and all. I just want the mom-to-be to have a great time and feel special, that's the most important thing! It's a co-ed/bring your kids shower, so it's probably going to be completely chaotic, with at least 5 one-year olds and some other slightly older kids running around. The parents-to-be will probably end up completely terrified, but it's a little late to change their minds :)

So now just trying to make it through the day at work without falling asleep. I like to set realistic goals like those. Makes me feel like I've accomplished something when I reach the end of the day.

1 comment:

AZMom said...

Having company is exhausting and it is always hard to tear the kids away from family. It does make them appreciate them more. Absence makes the heart grow fonder..at least in my family.

Hope you get some "me" time during normal hours soon.