Monday, September 22, 2008

Need your help, please

Good morning all!  Yes, I survived the trip to Canada, and yes, it was about as stressful as I thought it would be.  A bit of a self-fulfilling prophecy brought on by my snotty (literally and figuratively) mood, I'm afraid.  I'll write about all the events later, when I recover a bit more.

But I need input from you guys. PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE!!! I'm going to be writing over at Type A Moms, (go check it out!) about my life as an urban mom. And, although I love to write, I suffer from a serious lack of thinking-of-topics-out-of-thin-air ability.  I blame the fact that I've mainly been doing scientific writing or my random stream-of-consciousness blogging for the past few years.

So, what would you be curious to read about from an urban mom?  What sort of things do you wonder about?  Life in the city is normal to me, and I've kind of lost track of what might differ between my life and that of a surburban mom. Oh, and Ethan hasn't let us sleep more than 2 hours at a time for almost 3 weeks, so I'm utterly brain-dead and have no energy left for creativity at the moment. Anything to get me going would be a great help!


2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I'd say the biggest difference would be the proximity to stuff that those of us outside of the city do not often see. A trip to the museum (or heck, just to a playdate) means an hour trip EACH WAY for me, which means planning basically a whole day of screwed up naps and food and such. So how does it feel to be on the other end of the spectrum and does it make it any easier to make plans to get out of the house. Or is it a universal truth that it's just easier to stay home as much as possible?

Anonymous said...

Since we live in a city where public transportation isn't readily available, I'd love to hear about moms using public trans. and the pros and cons.~Amanda