Tuesday, September 30, 2008

It's starting already

It's Tuesday again here. Which means I'm currently home, watching Ethan smear scrambled eggs into his hair. My days at home are a lot of things, but not dull.  Definitely not that.  

So, I learned something last week- the whole second child getting less attention starts WAY early.  

Scene: November, 2006.  My bathroom. I take a test, there's a faint line. Could it be? I worry and obsess all day. I do not tell Daniel, since I'm not sure, but I do discuss it at length on the weight watchers discussion board. I get up at 4 AM the next day and take another test. It's definitely positive. I excitedly wake Daniel up to give him a card and congratulate him. We talk excitedly for a few hours before I go to work. I get nothing done for a second day.

Scene: September 2008.  My bathroom. I remember just in time that I need to take a pregnancy test.  I do so, there's a faint line. I continue getting ready. On my way out the door to work, I wake up Daniel to tell him goodbye and mention that I got a faint line, similar to the one i had on the first day with Ethan.  He sleepily says that I should test again the next day to see if it's darker and rolls over and goes back to sleep. I agree and go to work. We mention it in passing that day, but that's about it.

So I would like this to be my public apology to baby #2. Please stick around, we very much want you and will try hard to not totally suck at taking photos of you, writing in your baby book and blogging about you.  But we're kind of lazy, and your brother is a bit demanding, so I'm not making any promises.

It's VERY early still. I just found out last week, and am only about 4.5 weeks along. But I know that I am going to want to blog about it if anything goes wrong, so it's only fair that you get to share in our joy as well. 

If you know me in real life- please tell me that you know! We've told some family and a couple of friends, but are going to hold off until after our first ultrasound (probably in a month or so) on telling everyone, just because it's easier to have a controlled release of the news.  

And I'd really appreciate everyone's prayers. My blood pressure is not well controlled right now, and I'm going into the pregnancy 20 pounds heavier than last time, so the doctor is already a little concerned. Hopefully I'll be able to keep the weight gain under control at least.  Although I did tell Daniel that any comments from him on whether or not I should be eating certain foods would NOT be appreciated and would in fact be dangerous to his health.

So, that's all from here. Time to go wash scrambled eggs off baby #1.  

9 comments:

The Tacheny's said...

Congratulations!!! Baby #2 doesn't get less attention, just less gushing about it to everyone...making you feel like a chump :)

maggie said...

WHEE! Congrats!

Lizzie said...

WOO HOO!!! Congratulations, Carrie!

Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

Congratulations!

BJ said...

YAY!!! Congratulations! What a way to drop the info!

Erin said...

YAY!! Congratulations! I am so happy for you!

Baby #2 does get less attention, but trust me, when they want it, they get it.

Lindsay said...

Congrats!!

Ashley said...

Congratulations! That's really great that we're pregnant at the same time! When is your due date? Mine is April 18'th, is yours about a month later than mine?

mamikaze said...

Congratulations! Stock up on Crayola Color Wonder products and Little Einsteins videos.