Saturday, July 12, 2008

Yesterday...

Yesterday was fun! Had a good weigh-in at WW. Not entirely sure how that happened, but I'm thrilled. Especially since I haven't been sure duper hard core. I'm trying to stick to my points and count and be careful, but I do splurge a little bit here and there. So I feel like this is a eating style I can stay with long-term, which is the whole point of WW, and why it worked for me before.

Then I went to the gym and did one of the world's saddest workouts. Having not eaten much (I had to weigh-in!), I was really hungry and not terribly energetic. And we'd been up most of the night before with Ethan, who's going through some weird growth spurt and insists on getting up at 3 AM.

After the gym and WW, I was walking back to the office and passed the downtown mall. And I realized that Daniel was downtown for lunch with friends, and I didn't really have anything urgent to do at work that afternoon, so we should go see a movie. So I used a few hours of PTO (a date with my husband is about the best use ever!) and we went to see Wall-E. It was a cute movie and it was a lot of fun to be out on a date. The rest of the afternoon was typical stuff- picking up Ethan at daycare, reading the mail, the usual. BUT- we had a nice steak and mashed potatoes for dinner (my big splurge meal of the week), and watched PS I Love You in the evening. It was a good movie and not nearly as sad as I thought it would be. Ethan got up in the middle of the movie and ended up falling asleep in Daniel's arms, which is just the sweetest thing in the world to see.

So, an all around good day.

Today I have to take Jenny the cat to the vet. She loves her cat carrier, so has been sitting in it since I took it off the shelf. We're not leaving for an hour and a half, but she likes it in there, so whatever.

Off to give the baby a bath now. Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Your cat loves the cat carrier??? That's amazing! I have to take one of my cats to the vet tomorrow, and I'm already dreading having to stick him in that carrier. He hates it!