Sunday, July 20, 2008

The weekend, in short summary form

Things we did this weekend: Went and celebrated the Seattle Art Museum's 75th birthday (where I ate cake!), went to the Bite of Seattle (where I ate great food and yummy tiramasu), went to church, went to Mandarin class (where Ethan was licked by another baby, seriously!), dragged myself to the grocery store, cooked food for this week.

Things I tried not to think about: that Daniel will be going back to work tomorrow and leaving me alone with the baby on Tuesdays and Thursdays! and that we have a birthday party coming up in a few weeks.

Things we purchased: a lot of groceries, and a baby superyard (I would feel guilty about putting my son into a play-yard, but apparently everyone else uses them too. We spent the weekend trying to find one on Craigslist, only to discover that they get sold within MINUTES of being listed).

Things we shopped for but did not purchase: A Swiffer wet-jet (since Ethan has discovered the kitchen, so I have to keep the floor much cleaner), and a portable DVD player (for our long plane trip back east in November).

It was a busy, busy weekend. When are they not, really. Ethan's trying to stand up- he does something resembling downward-facing dog position when he's crawling. He has stood up a few times, while leaning on a play table or such. We're predicting walking within a few weeks.

Tomorrow is a return to our routine, including me getting to work at 6:30 AM. I have not missed that at all. Hopefully we'll figure out our new schedule fairly quickly and without much stress. And hopefully Daniel will love his new job! I'll keep you posted!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

We went to Bite of Seattle too. I thought it was pretty cool, but SO crowded and the food was more like fair food than I was expecting. But it was pretty fun!

Karen said...

I love our super-yard. It's a lifesaver. Most days it's the only way I can get a shower in.