Thursday, July 3, 2008

Today I caught vomit with my bare hands. On purpose.

Ethan's having a bad day. We're betting on teething. He seems to have some sort of 6th sense for when we have a trip or major event or visitors and then promptly transforms from the really easy baby that he is 99.9% of the time into screaming, mad baby. Today it was actually comical, we had Oprah on TV, and Donald Trump was on the show. For some reason, Ethan started screaming when Donald Trump waked on the stage. Then he'd look away for a minute, look up at the TV again and scream louder. We had to laugh at him.

During lunch he decided to pretty much fall asleep when I was feeding him his potatoes and applesauce, but at the end managed to come up with enough energy to vomit up the last half of what he had eaten. I heard him gagging, stuck out my hands and then sat there with handsful of baby vomit. Thankfully Daniel was home and brought me a towel and the mess was very contained. These are the things that they just cant prepare you for in parenting/childbirth class :)

We were supposed to have a playdate today, but canceled that because of the crankiness and the thunderstorms going on outside. Which is too bad, as I haven't seen this friend or her little girl in ages. Now I need to spend my afternoon packing for Canada. Daniel's on the phone now with his third phone interview of the day, and then he's off to meet with a company for a second interview right after that. Did I mention that this has been a very busy few weeks?

I doubt I'll blog again before we take off for Vancouver, so have a great 4th of July and enjoy the fireworks for me! And belated Happy Canada Day to my friends in the north!

2 comments:

Lizzie said...

I feel Ethan, man. Donald Trump is one scary dude.

Ashley said...

Catching baby vomit and cleaning up baby vomit are definitely the WORST things about parenting for me, at least so far! It's horrible! On a brighter note, I hope you have a great 4th of July weekend!