Tuesday, July 8, 2008

So, we came to a decision

Daniel emailed the company and asked for a slightly better salary, and the company came through. Still not quite what he was making before, but close. And it's something we can live with. No more expensive haircuts for me, but that's quite alright :) He's going to drop off the signed offer letter tomorrow and start in a couple of weeks. He'd already scheduled a bunch of doctor's appointments for next week, so it's best to start after those.

Phew. I'm so glad that this job worked out. Daniel thinks it'll be one he'll enjoy, which is most important. The only drawback is that the job is in Bellevue, which is a driving commute from downtown Seattle. So I'm going to be carless most days, which is fine 4 out of the 5 weekdays. I'm not sure what we're going to do on Thursdays, as I tend to have activities going on that I need to drive to. We'll figure it out though. We've been spoiled by not having to drive for a long time, and we knew it couldn't last forever!

Now, off to shower, as it's all sticky and hot in the condo this evening and I am wilting.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Congratulations! I'm glad he got a better pay offer. I know commuting around Seattle and the Eastside is no fun at all. We live in Lynnwood, and my husband works in Redmond. He's used to the commute now, but at first he complained a lot!