Thursday, July 24, 2008

I could get used to this!

Ethan was never a good napper as a baby. He still doesn't really nap at daycare, but on his home days, he naps for two whole hours!!! People told me that he'd probably nap well once he started crawling, but I was scared to hope. But they were right! It's so totally lovely. This morning I actually got to work for an hour, finish a bunch of baby shower invitations, and clean up the condo. What a blessing! Especially after the last few days...

Yesterday I got to work a little later than usual, dragging myself in to the office at 6:45. I finally got going with work at 7, then my phone rang at 7:45. It was Daniel, calling to tell me that Ethan had projectile vomited his breakfast all over the living room. So I packed up and headed back home, where Daniel had (thankfully) cleaned up the vomit, but a distinct odor lingered. Ethan was mostly okay yesterday, just very cranky. It was a long day. This morning I had little energy left for chasing him around (how do you full-time stay at home moms do it?) so we went up to the discount grocery store and dollar store to work on getting stuff for Ethan's birthday party.

When I got home, I realized that I had a sleeping baby, a trunk full of groceries and stuff, and no way to get everything up the elevator, down the hall and into the condo. So I spent the next 10 minutes standing next to the back of my car and triaging my purchases into "must go up now", "would be good to have in the house now" and "can wait until tonight". Never had to do that before. There are definitely a few drawbacks to living in a condo building where my car is far from my home.

Then Ethan napped! and I got stuff done! Now I'm just waiting for him to wake up and eat lunch, because we're driving out to Issaquah to go swimming with a friend and her daughter. I have to put on a bathing suit. Something I haven't done since my honeymoon (2.5 years and 20 pounds ago...)

Oh, and on the weight loss front, I've gained 3 pounds. Wrong direction. Must get self back in gear, since I do not want to get pregnant again while I'm still this large. Vegetables=good, massive quantities of chocolate=bad.

No comments: