Friday, June 6, 2008

I am going to lose my mind if it doesn't stop raining soon!

(original post edited to add Angie's name, which I forgot and have been feeling terrible about since yesterday, so am glad I finally was able to fix that!)

I am so ready to pick up the phone and call Daniel and BEG him to take me somewhere with sunshine. Anywhere. Just for a little while. I think I am starting to mildew.

Let's see- catching up since yesterday. Daniel got home in just enough time for me to do a little shopping before meeting the girls at Purple. So I dashed to the mall to go pick up my free perfume at Aveda. I was worried about going to the store with no intention of buying anything, but the salesperson was so sweet and treated me like royalty, even though I was just getting a free perfume. I had to go through this whole "sensory experience", where I sniffed essential oils with my eyes closed and picked out the scent that I liked best. Too cool. After that I went to several stores, trying desperately to find a lightweight spring coat. However, the stores think that it's summer, so no jackets to be found.

After that it was off to Purple to meet the girls. I got to sit between two tall blondes and look particularly short and round (story of my life!) :) . There were eight of us there: Eve (who is looking entirely too cute for being as pregnant as she is), Mona (who took lots of pictures-and was wearing a shirt that I totally am coveting), the always funny Jenny and Kathryn, the other Carrie (who was enjoying a full night on the town last night and who is always great to catch up with), and two new bloggers who I haven't met before, Stacy (who told me that I really should be using a blog reader instead of physically looking the blogs up everyday-great advice, by the way!), and Angie (whose name I forgot until Carrie posted it- I am so sorry- I am awful with names! and who has to go camping in our "lovely" Seattle weather this weekend). It was really a fun evening and I had a great time catching up with those that I've met before and meeting new people whose blogs I will now have to read every day (more excuse to not fold laundry!).

Then I went home to find a baby who was perfectly happy as long as we didn't make him go to bed, but who screamed at volumes previously unimagined whenever we tried to put him in his crib. He did just cut tooth #3 yesterday, but he only screamed when in his room or near his crib. At one point Daniel picked him up and walked out of the bedroom with him, and the crying stopped immediately. When Daniel stepped back into the room- screaming again. We had a lot of fun with that game for a while, until Ethan got tired of us laughing at him and decided to scream in the living room as well.

So I didn't make it to work at 6 this morning as I should have. Instead I laid in bed from 5:15 onward, mentally rearranging my schedule for the day, trying to figure out what was the latest I could get out of bed and still make it to work at a reasonable time, and make it to the library and the gym before 3:30. Then I moved the gym workout to tomorrow and rearranged the schedule in my head again. I'm not sure I actually got much more sleep, but at least I wasn't up and about.

I hope everyone has a nice weekend and that you all have sunshine where you are!

2 comments:

carrie said...

Oh, I wish I would have sniffed you. I love Aveda!

We did have fun, didn't we? We should get together more! :)

I'll keep my fingers crossed that your baby doesn't get all mobile on you over the weekend, but you don't have much time. You do know that? :)

Stacy (mama-om) said...

It was a fun night -- I'm glad the reader tip helped!

I totally agree -- just lying down and resting can make a huge difference. Sorry you had such a long night!

Best,
Stacy