Saturday, June 14, 2008

Fogginess

The sun is breaking through outside, but inside I'm dealing with brain fogginess. Yesterday is a bit of a blur, from the time they put in the IV and administered something or another. The tooth extraction/screw implant went quickly and apparently well. Daniel brought me home and I pretty much slept on the couch the entire day, until I went to bed.

Today I'm trying to decide whether or not it's a good thing to be on heavy medication at the same time the baby becomes mobile... it's probably keeping me from freaking out too much about the fact that he can make it from one end of the living room to the other in 10 seconds flat. Not crawling, per se, but he's up on his arms, pushing with one leg and pulling the other behind him. Always moving towards the cats' scratching post. Except for when he's going after power cords. I'm alert enough to catch him and return him (screaming) to his blanket and toys. Daniel and I are both worn out already!

And tooth #4 apparently snuck in on us. It's amazing how quickly he's changing these days.

We're off to the first birthday party of one of his little girlfriends. Hard to believe it's going to be Ethan's birthday before long. I'm not ready!

1 comment:

carrie said...

Ouch! You poor thing. Anything tooth-related and I am a big wuss! Hope the rest of your weekend is better!