Tuesday, May 13, 2008

So he's clearly not the son of Midwestern farmers

Today was Ethan's 9 month checkup. No shots! Hurray! He weighed in at a whopping 16 pounds, 12 oz, and is now 27.5 inches long. I was slightly concerned about the weight when the nurse came back with the growth charts, since he's below the 5th percentile line. However, his doctor, who is a small Indian woman, reassured me by pointing out that the growth charts are based on the children of Midwestern farmers (or other equally large Caucasian population) and don't really apply to half-Chinese offspring of a 5'4" man and a 5'1" woman. Ethan tried to eat the stethoscope and the computer mouse and everything else in arms reach, which apparently is what he should be doing at this age, so all is well!

So that's all good.

Did I mention that it's raining again here? And cold? And grey? And I am totally running away if we don't get some decent weather soon? A mild case of PPD plus a mild case of seasonal affective disorder=someone who really needs sunshine. If they're lying about the forecast for Thursday, there will be hell to pay. I'm trying to not look past the nice little sunshine icons for Thursday-Saturday. I'm even so desperate for sunshine right now that I don't care that it'll be 90+ degrees in the condo. Anything for some sunlight.


No comments: