Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Slowly getting through the week

My aunt's funeral is scheduled for next Tuesday. It's a long delay since the funeral of the doctor (who also died in the crash) is this Friday, and the community members want to attend both services. It's kind of strange to be in this lull between the death and the funeral- you cant really finish grieving until you have the closure of the funeral, but at the same time we have to go on with our daily activities and regularly scheduled lives.

The good news about the delay though is that my mom is going to be able to fly out here after all. She's coming in Sunday and staying with us until Thursday night. Then Daniel's parents arrive Friday. I'm so grateful Mom is able to come, but I'm going to have to run away from home soon if family members don't stop visiting us.

Other than that, just trying to survive a busy week at work and deal with the constantly changing weather (seriously Seattle, pick a season already). I think it's autumn today.

And in motherhood news, I thought I was going to have to use the bathroom while holding the baby yesterday. Stupidly, I drank a bunch of water before we went shopping at Fred Meyer. Which would have been fine, but we got stuck in construction traffic and then caught by the drawbridge in Ballard, so it took 3 times longer than usual to get there. Thankfully, I went in the handicapped stall in the women's room and saw the wonderful sight of a Koala seat- not the diaper changing type, but the wall mounted baby/kid seat. Hallelujah! Oh, and I bought a bathing suit. So I can actually take Ethan swimming this summer!

5 comments:

Erin said...

Congratulations on the swimsuit. Always a good thing.

And I have so been there with the going to the bathroom with children in tow. My favorite was nursing while peeing. Nature called and wasn't going to wait, so I took Em in with me. I love those Koala seats. They are a lifesaver!

JCK said...

So sorry about your Aunt. Your mom coming sounds like a good thing. Right?

Thanks for your comment today on my blog. Your insight into the juggle of being a mom and working, too, is helpful.

An Ordinary Mom said...

Sorry about your Aunt.

I think all bathrooms should be equipped with Koala seats!

Stephanie said...

I am sorry fro you Carrie.

Glad you found the baby seat, although I have had to use the bathroom with a baby on my lap-- it's managable.

Bananas said...

Hang in there, Carrie.

I'm glad to hear you made it to the bathroom... there's nothing worse than needing to go and being stuck in traffic!!