Saturday, May 24, 2008

Please stay, sunshine

The sun is out again. According to the weatherperson on TV, it's not going to last. I want to throw my arms around the sun and cry and beg and drag my feet and not let it go away.

This has been quite a month, hasn't it? It's been a month that I'm glad to have my faith to rely on. Because it's awfully hard to understand why so many bad things happen and to such good people. I'm mourning for Steven Curtis Chapman and his family. I cannot begin to fathom what they must be going through. And the death toll in China and Myanmar just keeps going up. And my family is still going through their own stuff. Ugh. I know someday we'll understand- but I wish it didn't have to hurt so much in the meantime.

Ethan's napping and Daniel's watching the morning news. Another sad story is on TV right now- talking about our baseball team, the Mariners. Ouch. Not sure what we're going to get up to today- probably laundry and getting ready for Mom's arrival tomorrow. This weekend is Folklife Festival at the Seattle Center, so we'll probably head over there a time or two to enjoy the food and music. Always a good time there.

So, that's the wrap-up of what's going on today with me. Hope you all have a wonderful holiday weekend!

1 comment:

Lizzie said...

Have you read the book "When Bad Things Happen to Good People"? It's written by Harold S. Kushner who is a Jewish Rabbi, and he has some interesting insight on divine intervention, etc. Worth reading if you're interested...