Saturday, May 3, 2008

More love

Things I love today (other than ice cream):

1. My husband- he has been doing 90% of the baby care this weekend and I was able to sleep last night and nap today and just generally recover. Which is good, because the damn weather decided to change again here this weekend, leading to pressure shifts and a nasty sinus headache for me, which meant I needed...
2. Sinus headache medicine. How on earth I made it through 2 years without it- I do not know. Love the stuff. I'm in a total fog, but it's a painless one, so who cares.
3. Okay, I still love ice cream. In fact, I'm going to have to go eat some when I get done posting here.
4. Fred Meyer. See below for reason.

So, last night I went to bed at 7:30 with my nasty headache and didn't get up until 7:30 this morning. Then we did Saturday morning stuff before heading to a 1 year birthday party for the daughter of some friends of ours. For which the evite SPECIFICALLY SAID!!! "no presents". We were the only ones who showed up without a gift. So I gave Daniel the baby and the diaper bag and ran out to Fred Meyer to buy some books and a card and a gift bag. I was so embarrassed- but we don't know this family that well yet, and I believed their request!

Then we came home and I napped before we went grocery shopping. So we're mostly done with our weekend chores, and hopefully it'll be a fairly quiet day tomorrow after church.

Okay- I need help from you guys- please! Daniel is trying to decide what to get me for Mother's Day. My choices are 1) a facial from a spa- I've never had one before- are those any good? I have pretty well-behaved skin in general, if that's important. 2) a gift set of my favorite perfume, which also comes with a free purse and movie tickets at Ulta. or 3) a membership in the wine-of-the-month club. I do like nice wine. Any suggestions/input? Particularly on the spa/facial option. I have no idea what that would be like.

Ice cream is calling. Bye.

4 comments:

Erin said...

I would go with option 2 or 3. I had a facial the day (or two, I can't remember) before my wedding and it was somewhat disastrous. Turns out my skin is more sensitive than we realized and so I kind of broke out in bumps and AAH! It was right before my wedding. I don't look favorably on facials. I am sure if I went for another one it would be different.

Personally, I think I want a crock pot or a griddle (for pancakes) for Mom's Day. So I am clearly no help .

Karen said...

I like the #2 option. Every time you put it on you remember what a lovely day it celebrated. And smelling good feels good. :)

And a toxicology related question that I hope you can give me some input on: what is your thoughts/understanding/opinions about toxic plastic and drinking cups and bottles? I keep hearing about "triangle 7" and it's a little disturbing.

Karen said...

Thanks for that link, Carrie. It was really informative.

The Tacheny's said...

Here's to hoping the weather cooperates and just stays nice around here!!!