Friday, May 16, 2008

I'm still shocked that there was no dancing in the streets

THE SUN CAME OUT!!!!! We are on day 2 now of lovely weather. It's so amazing to look out the window and see light instead of grey drizzle. Yesterday Ethan and I went over to Seattle Center. There were tons of people out, sunbathing, playing in the fountain, walking around and smiling. I fully expected people to break out in song and dance. We all just grinned widely instead.

And, since I'm no longer nursing/pumping, I was able to remove the bookshelf-window barricade that I'd had to put up in my office, so now I have actual light coming through the window from the reception area as well as through my outside window. What a difference, to be able to see out again!

It's really weird to no longer be nursing at all though. I've been a pregnant or nursing mom for a long time, and it's strange to no longer fit in that category. And to not be sure if I'm ever going to be in either of those categories again. I really have no idea what we're going to do in the future. I'd still really like to adopt, but as Ethan grows up, Daniel's wanting a baby more and more. I'm not sure I could go through pregnancy again, but I'm also not sure if I can handle the emotions of adopting. This isn't really the time to worry about it though, so we're just going to keep praying and talking about our options and we'll decide later.

Yesterday was my church moms' group meeting- have I mentioned how much I love those women? It was a small group yesterday, and I was finally honest with them about how much I've been struggling lately. They were so encouraging and prayed with me and I feel so much better today. Prayer+ sunshine=a very good thing.

1 comment:

Lizzie said...

Sunshine really does just make everything better in Seattle, doesn't it!?