Friday, May 2, 2008

I think I'm in love

Okay, so apologies for being whiny and cranky and hormonal last night. I'm just not a person who deals well with being tired, and I'm very very tired this week. But it's Friday now and we have a fairly quiet weekend ahead of us, so there's hope for recovery in my near future. Maybe I can even take a nap or something. And I'm going to go to the gym today and get actual exercise!!!

And I'm going to need to visit the gym a lot in the near future, because I AM IN LOVE with the new fancy Haagen Dazs ice cream. The honey flavor... oh my goodness. Daniel tried to eat some of it last night and I about hit him. Thankfully for my waistline, I cant actually afford to buy the ice cream unless it's on sale.

Oh, and we now own a scooter. Daniel got a good deal on one that only had 20 miles on it. Some guy's girlfriend was too short for it. She's my height. But the scooter has an engine that's big enough to require a motorcycle license to ride it, which I don't have, so the height thing doesn't matter anyway. I'm glad Daniel got the scooter- it's at least a good toy for him. I feel badly sometimes for how much Daniel's life has changed in the last 4 years. When we met he lived alone in a 3 bedroom, 2 bath house. He owned a motorcycle and a BMW and went snowboarding and rock climbing. Now he spends his spare time with me and the munchkin in a tiny condo and drives a Mazda and a scooter. And hasn't made it to the mountains to go snowboarding in several years, since he's married to me, and I don't set foot outside willingly. And he has such an amazing attitude about all of it- so I'm happy when he gets to do or buy something that brings him joy.

1 comment:

carrie said...

Oooooh, I saw that honey ice cream and had been wondering how it tasted! Not that I need any, or anything . . .