Saturday, May 17, 2008

Big prayer request

My great-aunt was killed in a plane crash tonight. She lived in a small town at one end of a large lake in Central Washington, and was flying home. She survived the immediate crash, then died on the boat back out to the nearest hospital- her husband was not on the plane, but was able to be with her on the boat before she passed away. They have one son who is married with a young son. This is a really tough time for them, as well as for my grandmother and her siblings, as my aunt was the baby of the family and this was completely unexpected.

It's hard when your family tragedy is in the news and constantly in your face. Tonight I found pictures of the rescue workers trying to save the victims. Praise God, I couldn't see my aunt, but still, knowing she was there.

Please pray for my uncle and their son and all of us. This is going to be a hard time for us. Oh, and as of tonight, my mom, who was very close to my aunt, doesnt know yet. My parents live on the East Coast and apparently turn off their phone at night. So they are going to have some very sad phone messages in the morning.

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Hello,
I'm here by way of BlogHer ads. Wanted to express my condolences to you and your family. What tragic news. So sorry.

Ashley

maggie said...

I'm so sorry, Carrie. Thinking of your family.

Lizzie said...

My goodness, Carrie, this makes my heart hurt. God be with you and your family.

Carey said...

Hello, I too found my way here from blogher ads, my condolences.

Naarski (the Mrs.) said...

My goodness! I saw this on the news and immedaitely my heart went out to the family. And it is your family! Wow, I am praying for your famiy that they will pull through this.