Saturday, April 26, 2008

Recap

I've consumed half my mug of coffee and read all my blogs, so I think it's time to stop procrastinating and actually write a post.

Let's see- highlights of my parents' visit: 1) several dinners out with Daniel, 2) actually getting to go to the gym with Daniel and leer at his cute rear end in his workout pants, 3) visiting the Tulip Festival with my parents and the back of our heads being on the local newsmagazine TV show, 4) not having to feed Ethan dinner for almost 2 weeks, 5) having a huge number of friends and family present for Ethan's baby dedication at our church last Sunday.

All in all it was a great visit with my parents. They spoiled Ethan completely rotten. After they left, Ethan kept looking at me in confusion when I would try to do anything that didn't involve sitting around and staring at him adoringly. I could see him thinking "where's your camera? Shouldn't you be recording this?" It was hard to watch them say goodbye to him on Tuesday. I know it's absolutely heartbreaking to live so far away from their beloved grandson. Oh, and us. Forever known only as "the parents of the adorable grandson." :)

I did about have a heart attack when I was talking to my brother on the phone at the end of mom and dad's visit and he said "so, we'll see you when we get there in 2 weeks!". Yeah, that's right, more visitors. I knew they were coming and it's on my calendar and everything, but it's in May, and I don't have the energy to think about things happening on the next page of the calendar yet. I really should, because those early-in-the-month-next-page-of-the-calendar things sneak up on you fast.

Anyway, that's the general recap of the last few weeks. Daniel and the baby are out, so I need to go vacuum quickly before they get back, as Ethan's 1) scared of the vacuum and 2) he's learned to scoot to the piles of cat fur and try to eat them. Bad combination.

Okay, attaching a video- the first part is Ethan laughing at a game that my parents were playing with him, then in the second part he would just look at his bear and laugh, remembering the game. We were all laughing so hard that we cried.


1 comment:

Karen said...

That video is priceless! Don't you just love seeing your parents go completely ga-ga with your child? Or your child being completely smitten with your parents? I never get tired of that.