Monday, April 28, 2008

Oh yeah, I definitely have Momnesia

I'm so glad that they have a word for this bizarre loss-of-brain condition now. Makes me feel slightly less insane. But I am still constantly surprised by the extent of my forgetfulness sometimes. Like when the baby is fussing, and it occurs to me that maybe I haven't remembered to change his diaper in a few hours. Even though I've been changing him up to 15 times a day for the past 8+ months, it's still a total surprise when it occurs to me that he might be wet. Or just now, I was sitting at my desk, and was completely caught off guard by the realization that I have to figure out something to cook for dinner tonight. Seriously, total shock at that idea. Even though I've had to cook dinner for us for almost every night for the past 2 years.

Ethan had a lovely weekend, especially his day on Saturday with all the girl babies. Although he did flirt more with their moms. My baby has a thing for married women. It's really odd.

And we're still in the midst of the weirdest winter/spring ever. 75 degrees one weekend, then hail/rain/snow the next, then 65 the next, then 50 degrees and raining on Monday. I want summer to arrive already! But it is daylight all the time here now- a little light when I went to bed last night at 8:30 (yeah, I'm wild and crazy), light again soon after I got up at 5:15 this morning. You cant beat that!

No comments: